Thursday, February 24, 2011

Realizing I have what is really important in life - The rest is just noise

Today... well this week has been challenging for a few reasons... events out of my control, results beyond my authority, things I don't understand and yet...... I know I am blessed!

I've come to realize (I've known for quite some time) I have what counts most and it’s not something everyone has! I have been BLESSED - many times over.

Although it has taken me several years, I know I have been blessed as a child of God!  God has provided me just what I've need throughout my life - even when I didn't understand and sometimes still don't.

God has also blessed me with a fantastic wife, a wife that God selected for me... from the day I met her at Lake Shasta through today she is the one I love. ...and she loves me.

I also know I have two fantastic children, children I am very proud of that I love very much and I know they love me.

And family, family that is always there for me... and I, also, try to be there for them... I love them very much and I know they love me.

"Life is just a dash between two numbers" It's very true!

This week a family member passed away... a family member I haven't seen in years. But losing her has surfaced many fond memories as a child and young adult. All of these memories include "family" - Uncles, Aunts, Cousins, Nino & Nina, grandparents, parents, and siblings.

Bernie Cardoza, I know you have reunited with your Mom & Dad (my Nino & Nina) and many family members before and after their passing. By the grace of God may you all rest in PEACE in the splendor of being in God's house.

Give thanks to God for all he does... in joy and in sorry. Celebrate life with family & loved ones while we are together on this God given earth... for after our last breath we will be together for an eternity!



No comments:

Post a Comment